Saturday 2 April 2011

TW can't wait to perform at Our Heroes awards!

the wanted
THE WANTED know all about heroes ... their mums and dads who helped them achieve their dreams.
So the five-piece boy band, who had a No.1 with All Time Low, can't wait to perform at the Daily Record's Our Heroes awards to salute those ordinary people who have done extraordinary things.
Jay McGuiness, Max George, Nathan Sykes, Siva Kaneswaran and Tom Parker are part of an all-star line-up at the ceremony in Glasgow's Hilton Hotel next month.
Nathan said: "I can't wait for Our Heroes because ordinary people don't get enough recognition.
"You read the news and it is all very negative. You don't turn on the news and hear about someone doing something amazing.
"The people who are everyday heroes often get overlooked, including kids. People don't realise how brave their neighbours, work colleagues or friends can be.
"It is an amazing chance for people to realise that.
It might sound cheesy, but my mum is my hero. She is always there for me.
"Some people might think that she hasn't saved the world, but she has been amazing.
"She got up at five in the morning for five years to get me to theatre school because I had to get a train from Gloucester to London at 5.45am because it took two-and-a-half hours. She'd wait at the station and wave me off, then go home and wake up my sister for school. My other heroes are the people out fighting for our country.
"People don't realise that it takes so much courage to go out there.
"A close friend of my family went to Afghanistan and the family had to go on with normal life worrying about him every day. Thankfully, he came back all right."
Max said: "Our Heroes is awesome. It is always nice to get involved in something like that. I am really looking forward to it.
"To me, a hero is someone who loves others more than they love themselves. My hero is my dad.
"He's always been there for me and spends his spare time getting underprivileged kids into football. He looks after people who are in trouble and he does it all off his own back.
"One lad from Moss Side, in Manchester, had been in trouble with the law and went to prison.
"My dad helped him and he just played his first professional match in Spain last week."
Siva is also thrilled to be singing at the awards ceremony, now in its eighth year. He said: "I lift my hands up to the ordinary heroes who have been nominated and say, 'Well done'.
"These people are an inspiration and deserve all the praise in the world. We did Children In Need and met three girls who were carers to their parents.
"That sacrifice from people so young took my breath away."
Siva also counts his mum, Lily, as his No.1 hero.
"She raised eight kids on her own," he said. "That is a massive thing in my life. My father died when I was five. She had to raise us all.
"I never saw her because she was always working. She had three jobs. She worked in a print factory, a chip shop and also as a cleaner in a hotel.
"She did 9am until 3pm in the printers then four hours in the hotel. Then she worked in the chip shop at weekends.
"I wouldn't blame her if she had broken down from all the hard work and demands on her. But she kept strong and made us all strong.
"I come from a musical family. My mum pushed my sisters into singing.
"I still have sisters who model. When I went to London, I modelled but it wasn't for me. I wanted to get back into singing.
"I went for an audition which turned out to be The Wanted and that was it. My mum is so happy because I'm happy.
"If it wasn't for my mum staying strong, I wouldn't be where I am today. A hero is someone like my mum who is selfless.
"She is an example of a hero like those ordinary people who stop everything to help others."
The Wanted rocketed to fame just seven months ago when debut single All Time Low hit No.1. It was followed by hits Heart Vacancy and Lose My Mind. Their debut album made it to No.4 in October and the recent hit Gold Forever made it to No.3 in aid Comic Relief.
Nathan admits the band are stunned by their rapid rise to fame.
"All Time Low going to No.1 was completely unexpected and came of the blue," he said.
"Getting the Comic Relief single was brilliant for us. It was going to be the first single off the album anyway but we weren't going to release it until December.
"When Richard Curtis called us to ask if he could use it for the Comic Relief single, we asked if he was joking.
"We only had four days to get the video done. The song is about that one time in your life that you will never forget.
"We have had quite a few of those in the past few months, including going to No.1 with All Time Low. That was a really special moment."
Nathan, 17, hopes one day to go into music management but only if The Wanted's success wanes and once he has completed his A-levels.
He said: "My mum is chuffed to bits for me. I didn't want to be in a boy band until I found out I was going to be in The Wanted and they told me it was going to be really good.
"I was like, 'All right, boy band sounds good to me'. I have always wanted to be in the music business.
"I did my first year A-levels while we were doing our schools tour. That was very hard. I did my exams at the end of the year based on one term's worth of work. I was happy with the results but I think I could have done better if I had been at school all year.
"Hopefully, I will get the chance to go back and do the second year when we get a break.
"I've always said it is important to get an education. This may not last for long. I hope with all my heart it will but we can't guarantee it.
"We could get asked into an office tomorrow and be told that it isn't happening any more.
"You never know so it is important to get A-levels and have a back-up plan."
Scots will have a chance to see The Wanted in concert soon. They play Glasgow's Clyde Auditorium on April 13 before ending their UK tour at Edinburgh Playhouse on April 15.
As well as their own hits, they're planning to perform a medley of Taio Cruz songs - Dynamite, Higher and Dirty Picture - in their show before partying in the city.
Nathan admitted: "We always know Scotland is going to be awesome, so I can't wait.
"I remember we went to East Kilbride shopping centre. It was absolutely ridiculous. People were fainting everywhere.
"That was a crazy one for us so we can't wait to come up.
"We are ending the tour in Edinburgh so we will definitely be going out afterwards."
Max added: "We love Scotland. The fans are so dedicated. They follow us everywhere.
"I think I'll start partying during the gig. I reckon by the last song I'll be gone."

1 comment:

  1. hiya! i really LOVE this blog, and i come on it daily! I don't want to be rude, but i don't suppose you'd be able to mention this at some point? http://tl.gd/9l12r4 Im trying to make a fan video with as many if not all of the twfanmily as possible!
    If you'd rather not, don't worry! Thank youu!<3

    My Twitter is @lucyheartsTW btw!xx

    ReplyDelete